The archaeologists found about 900 artifacts of medieval Moscow in XVII century wooden bridge in Zaryadye
Wooden pavement of the seventeenth century, which marks the route known from historic plans curve lane found during archaeological excavations in the Eastern part of Zaryadye, where the site of the demolished hotel “Russia” Park is under construction. About it has informed journalists the General Director of LLC “Capital archaeological Bureau” Konstantin Voronin.
According to him, on the pavement, archaeologists found about 900 artifacts which attest the trade and the everyday life of the medieval Moscow.
“The development of this place started in the XVI century and so most of the findings related to the XVI century, but mainly from the XVII century. All in all we have about 900 pieces. This extraordinary cultural richness of the remnants of the layers of Zaryadye. We get about 10 individual finds on 1 sq m of excavation. That’s a lot,” said K. Voronin.
In particular, on the pavement have found a Swedish coin, fragments of the score and wrote – these findings say about active trading in the area, including foreign countries. In addition, in the area of the curve lane was found a fragment of metal chain mail, which, according to experts, suggests that they were inhabited by professional soldiers and wealthy people. Continue reading
The ancient settlement of Chirokitia (named after a nearby village) because of its preservation and the abundance of finds is unique among Neolithic archaeological sites in the Mediterranean. Researchers are still not clear the origin of this ancient Cypriot culture. A number of local and foreign historians believe that its early phases must be sought as a matter of Cyprus and on the Asian mainland. The results of archaeological research allow to speak about the contacts of the inhabitants of Khirokitia with Anatolia, the ancient settlements of the valley of Antioch and Northern Syria. Data of radiocarbon analysis showed that the population of Khirokitia occurred in approximately 5000 BC
2 December 1998 settlement of Choirokoitia was included in the list of UNESCO world heritage sites under number 848 according to IV, V, VI criteria, as this settlement, first, the earliest phase of studies for the Cyprus procainamidesee Neolithic period (criterion IV); secondly, a characteristic example of a significant human settlement, fragile as a result of its great antiquity and its location in a rapidly changing environment (criterion V); finally, the settlement related to the ideas and beliefs of historical importance, which is manifested in several aspects of material culture: for example, the use in funeral rites figurines testifies to ritual and religiondispatches (criterion VI). The site was discovered in 1934 by P. Diseasem. which produce further archaeological work from 1936 to 1946 To 1977, began excavations under the direction of Alain Le Brun, Director of the French archaeological mission in Cyprus.
During archaeological excavations at khirokitia found a large number of different objects. They talk about the existence in Cyprus of a highly developed Neolithic culture. The burials found in necklaces, pins, spindle whorls, pendants, stone beads. In the manufacture of stone tools to handles the bone was used, it produced the same pins, needles, spindles. Continue reading
Bogoroditsky Palace-Museum – the only place where BOGORODCHANI and tourists can learn about the history of the city of Bogoroditsk. Ancient times Bogoroditsky lights of the past archaeological collection, numbering 621 subject the main Fund and 503 scientific support.
The first archaeological materials began to come in “piggy Bank” Bogoroditsky folk Museum almost since its organization. These were chance finds made during agricultural or construction works. So, in the construction of the Palace near the entrance of the tower found the first “stones” Bogoroditsk: more than 300 cannonballs and fire tools of the XVIII century.
With the relocation of the Museum (more precisely, its funds) in the Palace of the acquisition of local history materialis not stopped. In the early 1980-ies has defined two main directions in which to this day continues to form the Museum collection: art and local history.
While working on the project of restoration of the Palace and Park and full-scale investigations-site archaeologist of the Institute “special project restoration” Evgeny Morev found a fragment of a log bogoroditskaya fortress 1660-ies, Continue reading