Unearth — so as to raise the entire thickness of the earth, which for centuries and millennia were deposited by winds, torrents of water have been compounded by the remains of rotting plants, to lift so as not to disturb all that was left, lost or abandoned in times long past. The layer of earth over the remains of the abandoned settlements and other traces of human life are growing and now annually and daily. According to experts, every year up in the air, and then deposited 5 million cubic kilometers of rock. Water dilute and carry from place to place more soil.
“Archaeology is the science of the spade”, — stated in older textbooks. It is not entirely accurate. Unearth has not only a shovel but also with a knife medical scalpel and even a watercolor brush. Before starting the excavations, the surface of the monument to break by means of pegs into equal squares of size 1 (1x 1) or 4 (2 x 2) m2. Each peg is numbered and applied to the plan. This is called the grid. The mesh helps to record findings on the plans and drawings. During excavation all work is carried out manually. To mechanize this difficult, delicate and responsible task as yet impossible. Only the mechanized removal of earth from the excavation. Very often multilayer monuments— usually the places in which humans settled repeatedly.
In Sredniaia and the middle East, where they built mud-brick mud-brick houses, layered on each other the ruins of ancient cities formed hills with a height of several tens of meters — telly. To understand this multi-layered monument is difficult. But even more difficult to stratify those ancient settlements, where the houses were built of wood. From these settlements remains only a thin layer of decayed wood residue, ash, embers, and not fully decayed organic residues. This layer of dark color is visible in the crumbling wall of a ravine or at the edge of the eroded river Bank. In archaeology this layer is called cultural layer, Continue reading
During reconstruction of the Church of the Holy sepulchre was consecrated in the city of Kursk, in November-December-2015 staff Inspection on protection of objects of cultural heritage of Kursk region on separate sites conducted archaeological work.
According to the chief specialist of the Department of archaeology of the inspection Vereyskiy Novel, was the study area of about 70 square meters, where found artifacts of different eras. So, pinakamahalaga the remains of the foundations of the resurrection Cathedral belong to the XVIII century, burials date back to the XVII century, and the pits outbuildings with underground a basement — evidence of the culture of Ancient Russia and the Horde rule.
Found during excavations of the Foundation of the coins of the Russian Empire clearly indicate that the resurrection of the original wooden Church was built in 1730-ies. Mass burials in mass graves, found among the remains of the shrapnel firearms and silver coins of the seventeenth century indicate that this burial of the monks and defenders of the Znamensky monastery in the early stage of its existence. To unambiguously characterize this unique funerary complex would allow dalneishego study with the involvement of specialists-anthropologists.
Great interest are materials from the cultural layer of the ancient times — especially when you consider that the Kursk strata of this period are the most ancient to Chronicles of South Russian cities in Russia. Continue reading
Recently, a group of respected Chinese archaeologists came to the conclusion that discovered in the spring of this year in the city of Yangzhou (Jiangsu province) is the ancient burial place of the last haven of Sui dynasty Emperor Yang-di life years (569 — 618, reign of the 604 — 617). It is reported by China Daily.
In April 2013, the construction works were discovered two ancient tombs. The epitaph on one of them read: “Here lies sui Yang-di”.
After research, the experts confirmed that the discovered grave belongs to sui Yang di and his wife Empress Xiao. In the grave were found the teeth of the Emperor and the remains of a woman, as well as many objects of great value for science.
Before archaeologists discovered this tomb in Yangzhou already had a mausoleum of sui Yang di, located in the village of Hoyer village Juicy. This place was identified as the burial of sui Yang di scientist and statesman of the Qing dynasty Ruan yuan (1764 — 1849), who donated large funds for the erection of a mausoleum Yang di. Since the 80-ies of the last century this monument was restored several times, it became a popular tourist attraction and objectcontrol heritage, protected at the provincial level.
After the discovery of this tomb of sui Yang di, the fate of the false burial, said Ruan yuan, remains in question. But according to the representative of local organization for the protection of cultural property, despite the inaccuracy of the results of the survey Ruan Yuan, they still possess a certain historical value and will continue to be protected. Continue reading